23 October 2007

Random Marriage Story

One of my favorite aspects of being married (to Kara) are the humorous moments shared between husband and wife. Most are best kept between each other.

However, occasionally, an experience happens that is too good not to share with friends.

Last night, about midnight, a large section of our bedroom window fell off just missing my face by a few inches. Kara was completely asleep. I had just dozed off. I thought someone was breaking into our house. I jumped out of bed, ready for drama. My heart pounded. Adrenaline flowed throughout my entire body.

After a few seconds of being dazed and confused, I realized I'd been the victim of laziness. We just had new windows put in and Kara did not properly seal one of the panels over the top of the window.

Kara woke up from a deep sleep to utter these words under the emotion of great giggling, "I was afraid that might happen."

And with that, she laughed so hard, I could not help but laugh myself.

When I came home from work, the panel was still lying next to bed. Taunting me. Mocking me.

4 comments:

Kara Graves said...

haha. I am really sorry about that! next time I will make sure I secured it more....securely next time!

Anonymous said...

Laughin' out loud in Alabama!

Anonymous said...

I think the reason I'm laughing so hard is because I'm picturing little Kara, still sleepy, cracking up. That is hysterical. hahahaha

E Po

Anonymous said...

That is freak'n hilarious.

-Josh Ross