25 August 2008

As I prepared to preach at Rochester Church yesterday . . . these words were on my mind: "For grown-up people are not strong enough to exult in monotony. But perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony. It is possible that God says every morning, 'Do it again' to the sun; and every evening, 'Do it again' to the moon . . . It may be that he has the eternal appetite of infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we." --G.K. Chesterton

I know I've posted that before . . . but I love this depiction of God.
---

I was able to watch the U.S. Men's basketball team defeat Spain (thanks to modern technology). What an incredible game. One has to give credit to Spain for constantly coming back just when it looked like the game was over. If not for some guy who speaks fluent Italian (Kobe), Spain might have the gold instead. That was a fantastic game to watch. I still think this team is a notch down from the original Dream Team of 1992.

1 comment:

Courtney Strahan said...

i'm glad you posted this quote. i've had it run thru my mind quite a bit lately while meditating on some things, but couldn't think of the exact words. thanks!