13 June 2008

Sunday's Comin'


What does one think about less than 48 hours before his first triathlon? . . .


"A marathon doesn't sound too bad right now."

"Why did I let my family talk me into this?"

"I wonder if there's a chicken exit?"

"Man, that water is going to be cold."

"If a woman gets in my way in the river, will I swim over her?"

"Am I swimming first, then biking, then running? Or is it the other way around?"

"What if I have to go to the bathroom?"

"Will shaving my chest make me faster?"

"Drowning in the Detroit River isn't the worse way to die."

"Do those bike crashes you see on t.v. (where one idiot crashes 50 people) really happen?"
"I should've stuck with church softball."

8 comments:

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Go get 'em!

And the thought of you shaving your chest made me throw up in my mouth!
ash

Anonymous said...

bike crashes like that do happen but not in triathelons because the bikers are too spaced out for a massive crash.

You will do fine. Good luck!

I am impressed and jealous. I would like to do a tri but lack the discipline to train. And then there is the whole you have to run thing.

Anonymous said...

Josh- Im signed up for the StLouis one, we are lucky we swim indoors in a pool not the Mississippi. I have the same concerns that you do, I can't believe that I signed up for this. If your time is better than mine, you take me to lunch the next time I visit Michigan, if I win you take me to lunch the next time Im in Michigan. Im still enjoy reading your blog. Take care

George

phil said...

I was looking for...

"What if my brother beats me."

Phil

Anonymous said...

Will you be thinking, "Man, I wish I was sitting there listening to Patrick speak right now?"

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be great. Have fun! And I'll bet that the Detroit River will be... refreshing? Ew...

Anonymous said...

"If a woman gets in my way in the river, will I swim over her?"

You can't Let Bowman down on this one!
You gotta grab that shoulder and pull her under!

Kara Graves said...

you are hilarious! You will be thinking all those things all night long too, until you hit that water and your adrenaline will take over!

I am proud of you!