06 June 2008

The interview with McLaren went well. Too tired to do a long summary.

The highlight for me (other than McLaren's references to Restoration history) happened early in the conversation. When I asked him what he meant by the statement, "Eschatology always wins" (a question I got from my good friend Lee Camp's interview of McLaren on the site for his new exciting integration of theology, literature, and music, Tokens)?

His response was simple.

"If you think your house is going to burn down the next day, you are not going to be motivated to clean up your room."

What if the house isn't going to burn down? The question you ask almost always determines the answer you conjure.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

McLaren sure is deep.
I love his books.
The book "Adventures in Missing the Point" by McLaren and Campolo is one of the best books I have read.
Dan Kimball would also be a great one to interview. Have you thought about interviewing Kimball?
Let us know what you think?
I hope yo have a great weekend and thank you for sharing McLarens wisdom with us.
God bless.