24 February 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


Five reasons to go see Slumdog Millionaire:

I think it's wonderful that Slumdog beat out Milk, Nixon, Reader, and Benjamin Button and for the Oscar Sunday night. I was able to see all of the movies nominated for Best Picture . . . and . . . for the first time in a long, long time, I got it right. Or I should say, I guessed right.

1. SM is a great story.

2. SM is about globalization.

3. SM is about poverty and hope.

4. SM is about (remarkable) music.

5. SM is about love being the most reckless of all human capacities.

2 comments:

Jonathan Storment said...

I loved the redemption aspect of SM too. From a teaching standpoint this is a great film about the way our past pain can be redeemed. Anyway, good call Josh, it's one of the best movies I have seen in a while.

Josh Graves said...

JS

Did you see any of the other nominated films? Frost/Nixon was superb.

Good stuff.

JG