22 January 2009

ZOE Fresno

This weekend is ZOE Fresno. This year's ZOE conferences/events are in Fresno, Lubbock Malibu, and Nashville. If you have not been to a ZOE conference, you'll be blessed with the deep passion for worship and missional living that runs through the entire gathering. Check this site out to learn more.

I fly there tomorrow night (before catching the red-eye Sunday to preach at Rochester) to teach a three part dialog on the role of scripture in the life of a contemporary Christian. I've changed the title of the class so many times, I can't remember what we decided on (thanks for being patient with me Eric). I think the class is Burning Word (learning to allow the Bible to read us). My goal is to teach each person a simple "path" to reading the stories of Scripture with vivid imagination. Some of what I'm doing is from my book, Jesus Feast (out this summer). Some I'm implementing Walter Brueggemann's stuff from A Pathway of Interpretation.

I always enjoy my time with the College Church of Christ. They are one of the most hospitable, diverse church's I've associated with.

It will be great to catch up with friends, mentors and fellow pilgrims on the Jesus Journey.

4 comments:

phil said...

May The Spirit be in your thoughts and your conversations this weekend!

Looking forward to the book!

Josh Graves said...

Thanks Phil. I'll give the royalty check for saying you'll buy the book! Have a great weekend.

JG

Tim Perkins said...

Josh: Hope your weekend is a spiritual smash!

Since I'm sure you're a bit out of the loop concerning the Pistons at the moment, so let me share with you that the Mavericks absolutely destroyed the Pistons last night...on the Pistons' home floor.

Don't let this get you down, now. I'm sure there will be more devastating losses, so don't let this one hurt too bad.

Tim
Rockwall, TX

Josh Ross said...

Glad it went well bro.
You are in your element there.