30 October 2008

NBA, Pistons

There are many reasons not to like the NBA (players are pampered, over-paid; the season is long; the game is chaotic; no one tries until the fourth quarter; the games are fixed as Rasheed Wallace would remind us). However, there are some strong reasons to love the NBA (best athletes in the world; the game is an art or dance; at least you know who the enemy is for it is clearly defined by the color of the jersey; you can root for a team throughout your entire lifetime).

I've written of my passion for the Pistons in the past. I'm not convinced the Pistons are any better this year than in years past.

So, on the second day of the NBA season, I'll make some simple picks.

Pistons VS Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals
Celtics over Pistons in 6

Lakers VS Houston Rockets in Western Conference Finals
Rockets over Lakers in 7

Rockets VS Celtics in NBA Finals (that will remind people of Larry Legend versus the Original Twin Towers of Olajuwon and Sampson)

Celtics repeat as NBA champs (in 6)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Josh
You forgot that Houston still has Tracey McGrady. The T-Mac Curse means Rockets are out in the first round. I agree, the Pistons are not better and will not make the finals. I also think that the Cavs have not gotten better. I m wondering if Orlando will be better or if the Sixers acquisitions will prove to be valuable.

Russel Wilkinson said...

I have to disagree with one of your statements for loving the NBA. I seriously doubt you'll find anyone from Seattle cheering for the Thunder this year ;-)