03 October 2008

Hall of Fame Coach



Tonight, Rochester College Men's Basketball Coach Garth Pleasant will be inducted into the Michigan Basketball Hall of Fame. Coach is the winningest active coach in Michigan college basketball.

It was such an honor to play for him. I wish I could be there for it. I was there for his 500th win (one of the highlights of my playing days) . . . tonight will be special. 

Right now, I know what he's doing. He's trying to figure out how he can get out of giving an acceptance speech.

Coach: We're proud of you and we love you a great deal.

2 comments:

Barecycles said...

How exciting to have played for a coach like that. Unfortunately my only opportunity to play college ball was for Bob "Snake" Legrand at UT Arlington. There was nothing wrong with Coach Legrand, he was/is a fine man, it's just that all he had to work with was chumps like me back in the '70s.

Barecycles said...

How exciting to have played for a coach like that. Unfortunately my only opportunity to play college ball was for Bob "Snake" Legrand at UT Arlington. There was nothing wrong with Coach Legrand, he was/is a fine man, it's just that all he had to work with was chumps like me back in the '70s.