22 December 2008

How Bad Are the Detroit Lions?

The N.O. Saints went 11/12 on third down conversions yesterday. The only reason they did not go 12/12--they elected to take a knee at one point during the game. This stat is of particular interest to me and my fellow RC hoops alum because the punter for the Saints is a former teammate of ours: Glenn Pakulak (Pack-u-lack).

Yesterday was Glen's first-ever homecoming to Detroit in his NFL tenure and he did not get to kick in front of friends and family because he was playing perhaps the worst team in NFL history.
That's how bad the Lions are this year.

Their timing couldn't be any worse. We're proud of Glen for sticking to his dream (he used to kick in his spare time while he was at RC) . . . not so much for the Lions.

2 comments:

David said...

I knew his name was familiar to me somehow. I think I called him before when I had the telemarketing job under Elton in the development office. Did he graduate from RC or just attend here briefly?

Speaking of fundraising and the recent RC financial woes, are the efforts for fundraising for the new gymn dead in the water? It's sad because they said that thing would be built and completed in 2006, which was my 4th year at RC. It's so sad that it's been sooo delayed. I digress.

Unknown said...

David you are not the only one who was told something like that.
In 1998 I was told there would be a new athletic facility by 2000-2001
consider yourself a part of the crowd...