12 September 2008

Believe What is Already True . . .

I've found myself drawn to this quote over and over again this week.

"We don't serve God to gain His acceptance; we are accepted, so we serve God. We don't follow Him to be loved; we are loved, so we follow Him. It is not what we do that determines who we are; it is who we are that determines what we do . . . To live the victorious Christian life you have to believe what is already true about you,” (Neil Anderson in Victory over Darkness).

4 comments:

Courtney Strahan said...

i think this quote is even more impacting to me after having done the cardboard testimony. did anyone get video or pictures of it?

Josh Graves said...

We did get a video. I'll be posting it soon. Thanks again for your time.

JG

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Josh,

I love your quotes! They turn into sermon fodder for me. Keep up the good work. I need all the inspiration I can glean! :-)

Anonymous said...

hey courtney... i got pictures of it. i got everyone's cardboard both sides and then a few of the whole stage after everyone was done. just wanted to let you know. i am sure that the video is gonna be way cool though. that would be awesome to see!

jenny