26 December 2007

Springsteen

Christmas was good this year.

I got several books I really wanted: some books chronicling the history of Detroit, Taylor Branch’s trilogy, etc. For the last ten years, I've used Christmas as the number one avenue to build my library!

Among other gifts, Kara got me a great photo of Detroit that I’ll cherish for a long time. Some of our best memories together since moving to Michigan have been at Comerica Park, downtown, and near Cass Park (just a stone’s throw from Ford Field and Comerica Park).

But the sleeper pick for “surprise Christmas present of the year” goes to PMiddy—aka Patrick Mead. He got me the new Springsteen album: Magic.

I’ve admired Springsteen from afar, knowing that he writes out of a deep spiritual place, not afraid to pick a societal or political fight ( . . . or two).

What was your surprise Christmas gift this year?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the Springsteen cd as well but it was no surprise... I'd been begging for a long time!

Naomi said...

Beyond Balderdash. Lying for fun, and for points!

Josh Graves said...

That girl--you'll have to educate me per Springsteen.

Naomi--what a great title for a game. Ha. I bet you are good at it. Just kidding.