12 August 2007

I cannot imagine my life outside of a local faith community.

My good friend Sara Barton was introduced as the new part-time minister for small groups. Dana Spivey (from Atlanta) will join our ministry staff this coming week.

Sarah and Priscilla were also introduced to my summer adult formation class. They are Ugandans who've come to Rochester College to study. We anticipate learning a great deal from them in the coming months.

Two young adults who've been working through a significant forgiveness issue asked me to pray for them during family communion. Imagine that--forgiveness breaking out during the Lord's Supper.

At our third service, a family admitted being at wit's end with their son's drug problem when some of our young adults stepped up and said, "We'll get involved." These young adults are willing to use their story to bless others and it encourages me about the future of our church.



-------------------------------------------

The Tigers just might be getting back on track...Magglioooooooooo!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Me too. Our church family is often what has kept us here in MI and in this area. I praise God for this group of believers! Excited does not significantly express how I feel about the journey we are all on together!

Your sister and partner in Christ,

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

I'm just glad you are back in Michigan now...what a crazy summer you've had.

Shannon said...

You have no idea. It obvious that God felt we could handle a bit more drama in our lives and so Satan yet again has attacked...I'll fill you in sometime soon...or pass it to Kara, but it's a doozy! Never ends...but I can always say, someone has it far worse than I and know God is faithful and will remain faithful through the storm.

-S