11 August 2009

Spiritual Food in the Fall

If you are looking for ways to sharpen your thinking and experience as it relates to God's work in the world, let me suggest three conferences for you coming in September and October.

1. Abilene Christian University's SUMMIT. Brady Bryce has done an excellent job in putting together a conference that blends the conversations in the larger Protestant world for the college campus.

2. ZOE Nashville. One of Kara's spiritual highlights, ZOE Nashville promises to be nourishing this year. We have a new format and some other surprises in store. I believe this conference will bless those present. Eric Wilson, Randy Gill, Greg Taylor et al have creatively put together an approach that will challenge and minister to people from a variety of perspectives.

3. Lipscomb's Conference on Preaching. Pound for pound, this is one of the best conferences on preaching/teaching in the evangelical world. David Fleer has put together another outstanding line-up (save me)--diverse in perspectives and background, unified in commitment to the ministry of Jesus.

I know these conferences well and am confident they will give you more energy in your pursuit of God.

2 comments:

phil said...

Josh,
I will be making 1 of 3 this year. Looking forward to seeing you in October at the preaching conference.

P.S. Thanks for introducing me to "The Misunderstood Jew;" I have been enjoying the read. Any more book suggestions dealing with giving more Jewish historical background for the language Jesus used and interacted?

Josh Graves said...

Phil,

Remind me and I'll write you a list. My books are packed now brother!