06 April 2009

Tell it Slant

Eugene Peterson's Tell it Slant is a provocative book. I've been reading it over the last week or so . . . and it's making me remember why I love the teachings (and teaching style) of Jesus. A careful student of language (he is, after all, the catalyst behind The Message), Peterson walks the reader through the teachings and stories of Jesus (from Luke) reminding us that Jesus did not spend his public ministry using abstract theological proofs. Rather, he spoke plainly (albeit "on a slant") in language that farmers, peasants and lawyers could understand.

I'll write more on this later.

2 comments:

Josh Ross said...

Reading it right now. It is better than the NCAA Championship game

Josh Graves said...

I'll remember that when the Huskers are playing in the Toilet Bowl next year. :)