06 September 2007

Pick-Up Lines to Avoid

A friend recently shared a list of the top theological pick-up lines to avoid.

Here are my personal favorites:

“I could not help but notice you were exegeting me instead of the text during the sermon.”

“Until this moment, I thought I had the gift of singleness.”

“Well, gouge out my eyes and cut off my hands. If I hang around you much longer, I won’t have any limbs left.”

During communion say, “Can I get you another drink?”

But, the best theological pick-up line to avoid has to be…

“God may be the bread of life, but you are the butter.”
---

What are some of the worst pick-up lines you've ever heard?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA.... oh my word... HAHAHA

'Oh, did you say you were getting a bit chilly? Check out Ecclesiastes 4:11, baby.'

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! I'm going to try the communion line next week.

I got the position at Elmwood CoC in Lafayette, IN. We won't be too far away. We will have to try to hook up sometime soon when I get moved.

Anonymous said...

"I'm opposed to mixed swimming but I'd love a long baptism with you."

Anonymous said...

"Gee - cool car" (brand new 87 Red Probe with a CD player & Sunroof.) Of course it was, Silly!

It worked tho - I married him :-)

What worked on Kara?

Anonymous said...

Emily,

Way to bring the OT into this discussion.

Gilbert--that is great news indeed. We won't be far from each other...you'll be close to Adam Hill (he's in Anderson, In).

Let me know when you arrive to Elmwood.

Anonymous said...

Patrick...is that what you used on Kami?

Lynda--my pick up line went something like this..."So, you're a preachers daughter...I'm the son of a preacher...its a match made in heaven."

Ok...

Actually, I think I said, "I'm going to be in Nashville playing Lipscomb in basketball, want to go out to breakfast."

Not the most romantic or creative line in the world.

Anonymous said...

"Let's get married so we can keep our fire in the fireplace"-Dr. Fleer tribute

Not so much of a pickup line, but it may as well be.

Anonymous said...

Dave,

That's good. Fleer would be proud to know his OT sound-bytes are still alive!

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey you - come here!

Always works for me :)