06 July 2009

The Feast

Things change. Things never stay the same. That's the one thing that you can count on. It's the one thing that stays the same. Make sense?

I got a call from my book publisher recently, "Josh, after talking with the marketing team and evaluating the book market . . . "

Of course I'm thinking, "They're about to pull the plug on my book. At least I'll get the contract money they've promised."

He continued, " . . . We've decided we're going to change the cover, title, and subtitle." After a carefully reasoned explanation was offered, my hear rate went down to somewhat normal levels. I actually agreed with the editor, told him, "thanks" and became excited.

So, the title is no longer Jesus Feast. The subtitle is no longer Spirituality for the Hungry. The cover is different. I still have not seen the new cover, but I'm patient.

I'm passionate about the content more than I am the look or vibe. If they think changing the book's title to The Feast: How to Serve Jesus in a Famished World will help the overall message, I'm all for it. Working with Leafwood Publishers has been outstanding thus far. I trust them a great deal.

We're a few weeks away from the book being printed. Release date is September 1st. Buy the book. That you read it is secondary (he wrote with a wry smile).

5 comments:

Jonathan Storment said...

With you tossing around adjectives like wry, I know it's gotta be good. Looking forward to reading "The Feast" brother.

Donna said...

I can't wait to buy it and read it! New title is OK. Now will you change your whole blog site?

Luke said...

This is what happens when you don't take my suggestion for the cover....
Seriously- I am looking forward to the book formerly known as "Jesus Feast"

Josh Graves said...

JStorm--The Barbara Brown Taylor story was true bro. She loved it.

Donna, thanks for the note.

Luke, great point. I'm humbled.

Falantedios said...

I think I'd have liked "How to Serve Jesus In(to) a Famished World" -- but I'm buying and eating either way.

In HIS love,
nick