18 March 2009

MAVS and March Madness

I lost a bet with a die hard Dallas Mavs fan last night. Here's the implications. Of course, I'm a die-hard Pistons fan.

Kudos to the Mavs for beating the Pistons last night. I won’t mention the fact that A.I., Rasheed, and Rip Hamilton did not play in the game. Or the fact that the game was played in Dallas. That would be a cheap shot. The Mavs have a bright future ahead of them because they have one of the great owners in the NBA. I think they will be able to shake the demons from the tragic loss to the Miami heat in the NBA Finals a few years back (along with the Jason Kidd trade).

Predictions for March Madness:

*Louisville and Memphis in the Final Four (Louisville)

*Duke and UNC in the Final Four (UNC)

*Louisville takes it all (Pitino is back in the limelight)

7 comments:

Tim Perkins said...

Josh: I am totally embarrassed by the Mavs performance last night. All plaudits are due the Pistons for even though they were incredibly short-handed.

The entire city of Dallas is suspicious of this team and its inconsistent play. And careful about praising Cuban...he's put all his eggs into the basket of this season, and it ain't working out. It'll take several years to regroup once an aging Nowitzki retires.

Unknown said...

WAIT? You did not pick Kansas? No "Rock Caulk" this year?

Jonathan Storment said...

Josh, that was one backhanded compliment of the Mavs. But I am looking forward to seeing the Pistons play first hand in a few days.

Also, I got Louisville picked to win it all too.

Josh Graves said...

Tim: WOW...I did not know Dallas fans are as hard on their teams as we are.

Kyle: I picked the Jayhawks to win it all last year and ... it turned out they won it. However, I don't

Jonathan: that was for Boss Ross more than it was for you bro. Ha.

Josh Ross said...

Deep down inside you have a mad man-crush on Dirk.
My boys were just toying with a depleted Pistons team.
They will face each other again in June...in the NBA championship. :)

Jonathan Storment said...

You double bet?!! I was wondering why you posted that since I never responded to your challenge, but little did I know that you are a dirty gambler. You can't multi-task some things Mr. Graves

Josh Graves said...

Jonathan,

Settle down cowboy :) . . . I'm caught . . . I was working a double bet. Guess I lost out this time. Ha.