11 November 2008

Holy Brawl!?

When it comes to Jerusalem, you hear a lot about the tension between people of the Jewish and Muslim faiths, but not so much about the Christians, who also consider it a sacred city. A recent scuffle at one of the holiest spots in all of Christendom, however, reminds us that they're a fragmented people as well, with plenty of long-standing beefs among the various sects. The Church of the Holy Sepulcher - a Christian church located within the walled city of Jerusalem on what is believed to be the spot of Christ's crucifixion, burial, and resurrection - was the setting for a violent clash between groups of Armenian and Greek Orthodox monks this morning.

To read the rest of the article, click here.


To watch this Truth-Is-Stranger-Than-Fiction episode, click here.

---

And I thought the fights were bad in the churches I've been a part of . . .

3 comments:

phil said...

Another episode as evidence of living with the "Constantinian Cataract!" :)

preacherman said...

Great post and thoughts as always.
Keep up the great work you do with your blog. I enjoy reading it. I try to read it as much as I can. It is one of the best that is out there in the blog world. I hope you have a wonderful we Josh

preacherman said...

I had to watch the video over and over again. I even showed it to my 7 year old sons this morning. He thought it was great. He had a good laugh.