21 May 2009

Insert Foot Into Mouth with Caution

As if any of us needed another reminder of the way in which our emotions can get us in trouble faster than a Miguel Cabrera home run leaves the ballpark--this confession from a Washington Times writer is both telling and hilarious.

Andrew Breitbart thought he'd encountered a group of college students in California protesting the war in Iraq. It's not like that kind of thing does not go on. If only he'd known what he was getting himself into.

I laughed so hard when I heard about this because a) I know how emotional people get over various political issues (myself occasionally) and b) I've been an active part of Invisible Children for four years now. I even went with some of our students to Washington D.C. to encourage President Bush to get involved in Northern Uganda.

5 comments:

Barecycles said...

Emotions! No kidding...the way your Tigers brought my Rangers back to reality caused me to get a little emotional. Is it asking too much to let us win a game on occasion?

BTW, still loving your blog...it's become part of my routine.

Jonathan Storment said...

That's so funny Josh! I read that article to a few people, it's a big hit here. I loved that last line, "In order to prevent my eternal damnation, and to end what has been three weeks of difficult REM sleep, please visit: www.invisiblechildren.com."

phil said...

Relating to some of your other post on preaching; this is an excellent example of how your listening audience doesn't always hear what you are trying to communicate.

Josh Graves said...

Thanks for the kind note barecylces. That's one of the better blog identities out there.

JStorm--you are right, that last line is killer.

Phil--I hope you are able to come to the preaching conference again in Nashville. I was just about to email you bro.

Great connection to homiletics. Ha. I hadn't thought about that.

phil said...

Josh,

I plan on attending the preaching conference, but I should see you at the CSC next month too right?