15 January 2006

Voices

Here are some prayer requests from the working poor and homeless of Metro Detroit ministered to by God's Helping Hands. These prayers are honest, raw, and telling. In some ways, the wealthy (myself included) pray the same--in many ways, my prayers are so different.


Jennifer Z. ~ That my soon to be ex-husband will start to support his children. He walked out on us when I was 3 1/2 months pregnant.

Arlyn W. ~ That we get our trailer back in shape from the fire on Thanksgiving Day 2005.

Monetta T. ~ Family needs residents, stability, and healing.

Cyntha T. ~ pray for me and my children.

Tanisha S. ~ Like to pray for my family and friends. A special prayer for Ms. Lavonnda who stays in Detroit that needs help with her utility bill, they have been cut off.

Dorothy R. ~ Prayers.

Shakera P. ~ To have a home of my own after the holidays.

Quanshay M. ~ I want me and everybody in my family to be blessed and I need a job.

Deborah M. ~ Just to find work, happiness, to settle down with someone special, and family.

Regina M. ~ Please pray for me financially. Pray that God will bless my family with a home.

Theresa K. ~ God please look out for me on Christmas day, for my son David and me will we not have the good Christmas we want. Thank you, God.

Pamela K. ~ That God would help us out and that I can find a job.

Darrell J. ~ For a job, health, and guidance.

Linda F. ~ For God to help us with financially and food.

Patricia D. ~ I have no way to buy gifts for my child so I pray that a miracle come before Christmas. So she does not wake up with nothing.

Twanna D. ~ I pray that me and my family turn our lives over to God 100 %. Pray that there will be peace with me and my children.

Tina C. ~ Please say a prayer for my family since we are homeless.

Jeniett B. ~ That me and my children continue to grow stronger. That I receive a job so that I can stop using unemployment. That me and my children continue to have good health.

Mark B. ~ Pray for all my family with the coping of the loss of my grandmother. She was a victim of the Lake George accident.

---



"Oh God: Help us to see those around us as you see them. Help us to weep over the things that cause you to weep. Break our hearts with the things that break your heart. Hear our prayer."

1 comment:

Tater_Pez said...

Those are real words from real people who are NOT entrapped in our culture(s), but in fact surviving.Many of the homeless/vagrant people tht I meet always say "God bless you" to me and they don't know I am a Christian and yet my church family rarely says God bless you to me....