24 January 2006

The Reasons I love Kara

I have been married for about a year and half now. I'm certainly no expert, in fact, some days I believe I'm getting worse :)

Here are some reasons I love my wife.

1. She's the most innocent person I've ever been around. She reminds me of how tainted I've become along the way and the need for purity and holiness in my life.

2. She is constantly aware of our relationship. While I tend to conquer other battles and come up with ideas for everything under the sun--Kara is thinking about me.

3. Kara is one of the funniest people I know. Whether it is her infamous attitude which reminds me "I might be the head, but she's the neck on which the head turns," or her constant one-liners that remind me I am not nearly as important to the affairs of the universe as I often convince myself I am. Kara is the missing charactrer in "Everybody Loves Raymond."

4. Kara loves to watch NFL games (and now Piston games) more than I do! She knows the schedule, time, etc. before I get home from work.

5. Kara lives and breathes relationships. While I like to lock myself away--Kara is talking, writing, thinking about people. She reminds me that we were created for community.

6. Kara has allowed me to be who I am without conforming to her desires from a husband. I have strange passions, probably not what she imagined her husband to be fixated with when she daydreamed as a little girl.

7. She's also put her foot down to let me know when my independent spirit violates our covenant--she gives me grace without letting me walk all over her.

More than the previous, I love Kara because she is a living reminder to me that I am a chid of a God who pursues me in my weakest moments; in my darkest hour. She is a living reminder of the grace that Jesus pours out without stipulation or reservation.

Thanks Kara for for eighteen months, seven days, one hour, 12 minutes of a glimpse of what God has in store for creation.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe :) Thanks hunny!

Anonymous said...

ok, that last anonymous was me, forgot to put my name in there!

PatrickMead said...

As Kara's daddy and your friend, thanks for a touching post. I agree that she is a remarkable person... and her own person! And that's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

This was a treasure to read! Thank you for being the man of God that you are and appreciating and loving our daughter as you do.

adam said...

josh, this was amazing.

thank you for writing this for people like me--who never say what they ought to and always say what they ought not to--to read and go home and tell my wife how much she means to me. you are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

You two have a blessed marriage- like a shining star in this world where marriages fall apart all around us. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sweet Josh! Great post... Kara has definitely been a blessing in my life too...

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Oh sweet Josh, thanks for making the rest of us guys look like chumps! Just playin...glad we get to travel through this journey together!

Anonymous said...

The reason I love Josh Graves -

1. he is cute
2. he is tall
3. did I mention he was cute
4. he can shoot a 3-pointer
5. he knows how to read
6. he speaks well this he hands
7. he ran a marathon
8. he is cute
9. he is a preacher
10.last but not least, he has blond hair.

The Metzes said...

Hey dude . . . ran across your blog . . . didn't know you were back in Michigan . . . miss the conversation at Lipscomb . . .