07 July 2005

Bonjour...ca va?

Not that anyone lost any sleep over this blog but I'm back bloggin again for the first time in a while. I am in the midst of getting my ministry off the ground at the Rochester Church of Christ, finishing my M.Div., serving my wife....and now a good friend (and running coach) has convinced me to train for a marathon with him. Let's just say I've been training for two weeks now and I'm incredibly soar...I know I'm being a baby.

In the future I intend to blog about

1. marriage to a wife whom I can't believe said "yes."
2. the poor
3. the Rochester Church
4. Rochester College
5. great books
6. great movies
7. great friends
8. politics
9. the Pistons
10. Running
11. The students I'll be working with at Rochester College in "Discovering the NT"
12. U2
13. Novels

I'll try to avoid postmodernity since it is the most abused word in all of contemporary christian jargon :)

To get things started, I'd encourage you check out ministry to the poor http://www.orion.lib.mi.us/ghh/home.htm

Brian and Lisa Cain (two disciples at the Rochester Church have an incredible ministry that is going to be featured on NPR in the coming weeks. I could not be more proud than to call them brother and sister.

If you are really bored here is the link to a sermon I recently preached at Rochester from Jeremiah 7. The manuscript is for speaking not neccessarily reading.
http://www.rochestercoc.org/sermonnotes.htm (click on June 12, and July 3 2005). I don't know if the multi media link is working or not for audio purposes.

I'll end with a quote from Dr. King that I'm still trying to embrace in my own life.

"I may not be the man I should be nor the man with Christ's help I will someday become, but thank God I am not the man I used to be."

3 comments:

c said...

Glad your back classmate.

I found your blog randomly, not sure. So are you really reading all that was on the syballus for Postmodern Theologies? I about fainted when I looked at the syballus.

Travis said...

Praise God. I can sleep again.

Glad you are back.

PatrickMead said...

Great to have you back online, Josh. For what it's worth, I can't believe she said "yes" either!