27 June 2008

JINJA ON MY MIND

Kara and I leave for Uganda in a few days to join our friends in Jinja. While in Jinja, I'll be:

*spending time with our RC interns (who've already made their way there).
*spending time with the leaders of the church planting efforts in Jinja and Jinja Church of Christ.
*teaching a course with Sara Barton on "Luke's Gospel and the Spiritual Life" at the Busoga Bible School.

Kara will be joining me for some of this along with working in a local orphanage and alongside Lori Manry.

The timing could not be better. I have a stack of novels (limited theological inquiry for this trip) I'll need for the flights to and from. We hope to post some photos along the way.

Let's hope the Tigers are in first place when we return mid-July. Yes, I need forgiveness for my idolatry.

5 comments:

preacherman said...

I hope ya'll have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

im super excited for yall to go... and sleep with the hippos on safari!

DJT said...

Please say hello to Richard and Ida from Doug and Danna Townsdin.

We miss them and we love them!

Courtney Strahan said...

nice ray charles reference...

David said...

Yes, I am with you on the idolatry of the Tigers.